As a benefit of membership, NHLA members have exclusive access to post any open positions within their companies to the NHLA Career Center at no cost. If you are interested in becoming an NHLA member, please visit our Membership Page.
Once a job is submitted, it may take up to 48 business hours to appear on the website.
All job listings will remain on the NHLA Job Board for 30 days. To extend an opening, or if you have any questions about the NHLA Career Center or current job listings, please click below.
Careers in Hardwood
Manufacturing Division Manager
Midwest Hardwood Corporation is one of North America’s largest manufacturers of hardwood lumber. We produce and trade high-grade hardwood lumber, logs, and value-added wood products for clients that span the globe. We are committed to the latest proven technologies in equipment and procedures, assuring consistently high-quality products for our customers. We own our own sawmills, dry kilns, national and international sales organization, distribution centers, and we produce the very finest hardwood products and excellent service. We are seeking to hire a Manufacturing Division Manager to manage sawmill and kiln operations in the areas of safety, production, maintenance, profitability, and quality. Division Manager Responsibilities include:
- Strive to continuously improve all areas of mill performance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for safety, production, profitability, and quality standards for a workforce of 250 employees.
- Oversee mill activities to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the safe operation of all mills. Be aware of OSHA regulations and maintain all mills in accordance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Manage capital asset maintenance for the division.
- Partner with senior management to establish and execute capital improvement projects.
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses at each location.
- Ensure that the plant facilities and equipment are maintained, replaced, and upgraded to meet high industry standards.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to our managers.
- Encourage and foster a sense of high, positive morale among the workforce.
- Coordinate and communicate with other division managers and senior staff to achieve corporate goals.
- 4-year degree in a related field is a plus (but not required).
- 10+ years of related management work experience desired.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Manufacturing Division Manager
Director of Workforce and Professional Development
Ohio Master Logger Program Manager
Shipping and Inventory Associate
Hardwood Lumber Inspector
Interested in Becoming a Member?
If you are interested in becoming an NHLA member, please visit
Subscribe to the NHLA Newsletter
Discover the world of hardwood like never before with the National Hardwood Lumber Association’s newsletter! We invite you to join our community of hardwood enthusiasts, professionals, and hobbyists by signing up today.