As a member of NHLA, you are part of the oldest and largest hardwood association, representing all sectors of the industry. NHLA offers members the opportunity to make new industry contacts and strengthen business relationships; connect with buyers and sellers from around the world; training and resources to help your business prosper and avenues to help promote and market your business.
Membership in NHLA provides the tools necessary to succeed in a competitive global economy now and in the future.
Networking & Marketing
- Instant Integrity – Strengthen your sales calls, gain recognition and a foothold within the industry that other associations cannot provide with the NHLA logo.
- NHLA Annual Convention & Exhibit Showcase – The NHLA Annual Convention & Exhibit Showcase is THE place where the global hardwood industry comes together! Where else can you take advantage of networking with your peers, receive updates on industry news and trends, and meet with existing customers while making new ones – all in one location?
- Print and Online Advertising - NHLA membership represents all areas of the industry; and no matter how they touch the industry, NHLA members are your potential customers. The marketing channels for NHLA include both print and online products.
- Get Connected – NHLA has numerous ways to get involved. Members can volunteer to serve on a committee with other industry peers and “active” category members are eligible to serve on the board of managers.
- Membership Directory App – The App is the official source for North American hardwood
lumber, products and services and is available to download at www.NHLAdirectory.com starting March 1. The App lists all NHLA members and provides
references by company and type of service. Advertising in the
Membership Directory Mobile APP is reserved exclusively for NHLA
- Inspection Services – With more than 110 years of experience serving the industry, NHLA knows the industry and has developed services geared toward helping companies increase yield, comply with government regulations and improve efficiency. NHLA also has a team of National Inspectors located throughout the world to meet all your needs including: lumber inspection, “on the job” training, and dispute resolution.
- Rules – The NHLA lumber grading rules are the foundation of the uniform system of trade for hardwood lumber and give North American hardwoods a competitive advantage. To stay timely and relevant the rules are evaluated every four years. The rules change process, is an integral part of being a member.
- Continuing Education – As the creator and keeper of the North American hardwood lumber grading rules, NHLA naturally offers lumber grading training. From the Inspector Training School where a career in the hardwood industry takes root to technical short courses to on-site company training by an NHLA National Inspector; NHLA offers something for everyone.To see a complete of the courses offered click HERE.
Promotion & Communication
Print and Online Communication Products – NHLA provides relevant and timely information to our membership. We publish Hardwood Matters Magazine, the award-winning flagship publication of the Association; Hardwire, a monthly e-newsletter; NHLA .com, the online source for all things NHLA and NHLA Job Board, a resource for employers and job seekers alike. Sign up for the NHLA newsletter HERE.
- Hardwood Federation - NHLA makes sure your voice is heard in Washington, D.C. We are a founder and leading partner of the Hardwood Federation. The Federation was created to represent a strong voice on legislative issues impacting the hardwood community.
Exclusive Services & Discounts
- NHLA Exclusive Member Discounts on:
- Advertisement in Hardwood Matters Magazine
- Advertisement on NHLA.com and the eNewsletter- Hardwire
- NHLA Inspection Services
- NHLA Educational Programs
- Registration for the NHLA Annual Convention & Exhibit Showcase
- Exhibit Space for the NHLA Annual Convention & Exhibit Showcase
- NHLA publications, tools and merchandise