Currently seeking a General Manager for our sawmill and kiln operations located in Montezuma, Indiana. This modern sawmill includes two head-saws and two resaws, operating over two shifts producing 25 million board feet annually. The drying yard handles 25 million board annually feet over 2 kiln dried lines.
General Manager Key Purposes of this Position:
- Direct and manage sawmill and kiln operations in the areas of safety, production, maintenance, profitability, and quality.
- Strive to continuously improve all areas of mill performance
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for safety, production, profitability, and quality standards for a workforce of 125 employees.
- Oversee mill activities to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure the safe operation of all mills. Be aware of OSHA regulations and maintain all mills in accordance withal local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Manage capital asset maintenance for division.
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses at each location.
- Ensure that the plant facilities and equipment are maintained; replace, adjust to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to Managers.
- Encourage and foster a sense of high, positive morale among the workforce.
General Manager Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree, in a related field is a plus, but not required
- 10+ years of related management work experience desired
- Ability to manage multiple sawmill and kiln operations
- Proven ability to respectfully manage a diverse workforce
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
How To Apply
Please contact Teddy Royal at email@example.com
6429 W 100 N
Montezuma, IN 47862